Sunday, December 19, 2010

FOR A BETTER WAY TO LIVE (RULE EIGHT)


For a Better Way to Live

Never again clutter your days or nights with so many menial and unimportant things that you have no time to accept a real challenge when it come along. This applies to play as well as work. A day merely survived is no cause for celebration. You are not there to fritter always your precious hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight change in your routine. No more busywork. No more hiding from success. Leave time, leave space, to grow. Now. Now! Not tomorrow!

In my four years of working in a certain company I feel that I came to a point that I'm going nowhere. The meager light that I use on my way through the dark highway has stopped giving me clues of the road ahead. Nothing but days of prayers have been spent. I asked God to show me back the light – and He did!

At this penning I'm actually fixing myself for another career goal or rather another employment which I deemed more auspicious. But again my headlights span only few meters on the dark highway of fate. The ahead of the road just keeps unveiling as I kept mustering the courage to put my best foot forward without actually knowing what's ahead – but my Divine Master knows it all. To whomever read this – pray for me please. Thank you!

I bet you sometimes feel that you've been so busy once in your life but at the end of the day you feel like you've done nothing, you haven't turned a stone. This I might relate to what we call a rat race.

Like a hamster that keeps running in a circular rat cage without really going somewhere else but the cage. When you realized things like this in your life it's high time for you to rekindle your dreams again. It's high time again for you to start doing things with an end in the mind. Don't let fate dictates what will you going to do and who will you be, instead let yourself dictate fate.

Og Mandino calls this as “killswitch” in a car engine. This switch terminates motor operation in a car whenever it is forcibly opened or carjacked. The killswitch will suspend the operation of the under chassis but excluding electrical lines and other minor operations. So the car seems to be ok. If you test it the horn blows, the windshield wipes and the stereo sings. The only thing that will heat you up is that you are going nowhere because the engine is dead.

Well, again if you feel like somebody had triggered on your killswitch it's time for you to extend a hand for yourself and turn off that killswitch.

Somebody in the past might have done that to you. Your family member, your close friend, your classmate or your neighbor or you yourself – it doesn't matter now. Just go ahead and set your dreams again on track. Tangle yourself away from that rat race.

Set dreams, goals and perspective. That's the only way you can get ahead of others andgive purpose to your life.

Stop the petty busywork. If there is a need for you to be busy then it's no other than building up your dreams to reality – for it's a better way to live!




No comments:

Post a Comment